Wednesday, November 1, 2017

This is why the Pixel 2 XL's $200 premium is worth it

Are slimmer bezels, a bigger display, and larger battery worth the added price?

Google's Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are very similar in a lot of ways. The camera package is the same, the software experience is identical, both phones come equipped with front-facing speakers, and even the design remains mostly unchanged from phone-to-phone.

Even with this being the case, there are still a few key differences between the devices. The Pixel 2 XL has a considerably larger display with much smaller bezels compared to the regular Pixel 2, and thanks to its bigger footprint, there's also room for a beefier battery.

The Pixel 2 XL is the more impressive of the two phones, but is it really worth the extra $200 over its smaller brother?

Here's what some of our forum users had to say.

N4Newbie
10-30-2017 09:31 AM
"

I agree with the bigger screen; having had several "big screen" phones in a row now, I don't think I could go back to a small one. OTOH, I was getting an old Nexus 5 ready to list on Swappa the other day and I was pleasantly reminded of just how great the 5 fits my hand.

Reply
Richard Servello
10-30-2017 09:22 AM
"

bigger screen, bigger battery.

Reply
bhatech
10-30-2017 09:49 AM
"

I have both the 2 XL and 2, honestly the Pixel 2 screen feels very small to me. Screen is better and feels great and all I agree, but I think I'm used to bigger screens now and the Pixel 2 screen feels small. Battery life has been surprisingly good on the Pixel 2 as well even with smaller battery size. I'm still torn which one to keep, most likely will keep the 2 XL and return the Pixel 2. But if...

Reply
Guto Aaron
10-30-2017 12:32 PM
"

I ordered both at one point too, but cancelled my Pixel 2 in favour of 2XL. For me the big screen and big battery was nice, but the better design was the deciding factor. Pixel 2 and iPhone 8 just look unimpressive by now!

Reply

Whether it be for slimmer bezels, a bigger display, or increased battery capacity, we want to know – What are your reasons for choosing the Pixel 2 XL over the regular Pixel 2?

Join the conversation in the forums!



from Android Central - Android Forums, News, Reviews, Help and Android Wallpapers http://ift.tt/2ymuPc6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment